birding-aus

birding-aus Capertee Valley tips

Subject: birding-aus Capertee Valley tips
From: Arron Davies <>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:54:27 -0800 (PST)
Hi. I will be in the Capertee Valley this Saturday,
and as time will be very short, I was wondering if
anyone could give me exact locations where one has a
good chance of seeing the following :

plum-headed finch
little lorrikeet
striped honeyeater
regent honeyeater
black chinned honeyeater

I realise some of the above may be widespread, but I
find having a definite location is the way to go when
you dont have much time. Also, can anyone tell me
whether the barking owls at Glen Alice Cemetary are
regulars - do they roost there all the time or do they
alternate roost sites.

thanks
Arron