birding-aus

birding-aus thanks for replies on RFI and web address for bird links

Subject: birding-aus thanks for replies on RFI and web address for bird links
From: "Denis Lepage" <>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 17:05:14 SAST-2
Hi,

A couple of weeks ago, I asked for advice on where to go for my
Oz birding trip next year. I've had many replies and I'm very
thankful to all of you who took the time to help.

We haven't finalized our itinerary yet, but we will certainly start
in Sydney, move north towards Cairns, fly to Darwin, and then come
back for the SHOC conference in Brisbane.

Among the sites that we will most certainly visit:

Glen Davis, Blue Mountains, Barrington Top, Capertee
Lamington NP, Eungella, Michaelmas Kay
Townsville, Cairns, Daintree, Lakefield
Kakadu NP

I still need to decide whether it is worth going to Iron Hill in
outback NSW, as well as to Iron Range (on York Peninsula). The latter
is definitely very attractive. Anyway, I might need further help
later, but I'll let you know.

As for the books, I'll probably buy Pizzey and Knight now and wait
until I get there to get the Slater. I'll probably try to get both
Thomas&Thomas and the Nielsen's guide to N Qld as well. I've tried
twice to contact the Birds Australia shop by email
 but I have not received any reply. Is
the address correct? If yes, I suppose I'll just order my books from
somewhere else...

I take this opportunity to mention that I have seriously updated
the Australia portion my list of bird links (Bird Links to the
World). I've found many Oz sites that I was not aware of, and they
are now included among the nearly 4000 links that I have at my site.
I've noticed at least one error, with O'reilly's page, but I am
correcting it in the next update, coming this week.

Please, have a look for yourself:
http://www.ntic.qc.ca/~nellus/links.html

Happy birding to all
Denis