birding-aus

Re: birding-aus White-faced heron

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus White-faced heron
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:11:55 +1100
     Andrew,

     White-faced Herons are very adaptable at feeding, I recorded a pair of
     this species taking up feeding at the Penrith Weir (NSW) adjacent to
     the Fish Race, they didn't bother with the rest of the weir but
     concentrated all their feeding efforts on this one spot. This feeding
     site provided a large ammount of food with little effort on the part
     of the herons, but it was not very good for the migratory native fish.

     Alan Leishman
     Royal Botanic Gardens,
     Sydney