birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Land Clearing QLD

To: <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Land Clearing QLD
From: "crandrews" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 17:02:55 -0800
        I must say I have had a gutsfull of these farmers who reckon they
have a divine right to rape and pillage the land kill millions of animals in
the process and cause all sorts of problems to salinity and water quality.
These guys think they have a god given right to farm and carry on in the old
ways with no thought as to how anyone else will be affected.
        Sure the terms of trade for farmers are not good but if they can't
make  a living from the land without totally destroying it then they should
just leave it.  Globalisation is tough and I certainly didn't vote for it
but we are all stuck with it like it or not.  Most urban people have had to
do it tough too with restructuring, redundencies, failed businesses etc. but
we've had to pick ourselves up and move on.    I suggest some farmers should
accept the inevitable and leave the land rather than destroying it.
            Other countries find it incomprehensible that land clearing is
happening on such a grand scale here and to think we used to look down on
countries that were destroying the forests in the Amazon and south east Asia
and now we are surpassing them!
              I have made my feelings clear on this  to the politicians but
rather than wait for that mob of gutless wonders to act  I have decided that
henceforth  I SHALL BOYCOT T  ALL AUSTRALIAN  BEEF .     I call on anyone
who feels the same way to do likewise  .

                                                CHARLIE ANDREWS

quotes)