birding-aus

birding-aus THE GREAT SYDNEY OWL HUNT

Subject: birding-aus THE GREAT SYDNEY OWL HUNT
From: lorne <>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:06:06 +1000
Last night Steven Edwards and I did about five and a half hours of
spotlighting about Sydney just for the hell of it. This is the first of
what will be a habit... THE GREAT SYDNEY OWL HUNT!!!!!!

This is what we got...

1. White-throated Nightjar - Bobbin Head-heard from Sphinx trail area
2. Powerful Owl - Mitchell Park
3. Southern Boobook - North Rocks, Mitchell Park
5. Tawny Frogmouth - Mitchell Park
6. Echidna - Bobbin Head-Spinx carpark area
7. Sugar Glider - Bobbin head-near North Turramurra entry gates
8. Swamp Wallaby - (as above)
9. Common Brushtail - (as above)
10. Common Ringtail - Mitchell Park
11. microbats - various
12. Grey-headed Flying-fox - Spinx area
13. various frogs - Pitt Town Bottoms Rd., Mitchell Park
15. rabbit - do you care?
16. cat
17. dog

Dipped on Australian Owlet-nightjar strangely, as we visited three good
spots for it. Didn't see Barn Owl at Pitt Town Bottoms Rd., Pitt Town,
either. Sooty and Masked Owl... well... umm...

Peace,

Lorne.

quotes)