birding-aus

birding-aus "To tick or not to tick, that is the question."

To: "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: birding-aus "To tick or not to tick, that is the question."
From: "Terrance Pacey" <>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 07:49:01 +1000
I must firstly apologise to all the Shakespeare fans, but continuing in the
same vein, and using a song title, "To each his own."

I must honestly say that I have absolutely no idea of the number of species
I have seen, heard, held, whatever.  I couldn't even guess within a hundred
or so.  But that doesn't mean I condemn those who know how many they have
seen, down to the most insignificant sub-species.  What a boring life it
would be if everyone acted the same.

Besides, my days of chasing species are virtually over as my health only
allows for small walks on good days.  However, I am more than happy sitting
in my backyard on a balmy spring evening, glass of wine in one hand, plate
of oysters beside the chair, watching the Brown Honeyeaters bathe in the
bird bath less than 2 metres away as well as seeing and hearing all the
other species that annoy the hell out of me at 5:30 am.

Terry Pacey
Toowoomba Qld

quotes)