birding-aus

birding-aus Yellow Bittern

Subject: birding-aus Yellow Bittern
From: RUSSELL DEAN WOODFORD <>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 19:33:30 +1000 (EST)
Mike Carter asked me to pass on the info about the Yellow Bittern - it
seems the WA grapevine is a bit quicker!  The only thing I can add is that
this if accepted will be a first LIVE Australian Record.  Two dead birds
have been recovered from different states (WA & NSW I think).  Tony
Palliser or someone from BARC might be able to correct that if I'm wrong

This adds to a very impressive list of firsts around the country in the
last few days.  We would have added something equally impressive but the
Portland boat trip was again cancelled due to weather - a great pity!

Always optimistic

Russell Woodford
List Maintainer

PH: 03 52 739237        MOB:  0419 395 100  FAX:  03 52 739371
Aural Online            http://www.shc.vic.edu.au/music/index.html
Birding-Aus Pages       http://www.deakin.edu.au/~russwood/

quotes)