birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Business cards for birds and other ideas

Subject: Re: birding-aus Business cards for birds and other ideas
From: Atriplex Services <>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 16:48:39 +0930
Hello all.
I think Ian's idea has great merit.

As a resident in a popular birding area, (and a past-president of our
local Tourism Assoc, now in recess) I know that most locals are only
vaguely aware of the birds under their noses, much less aware that they
might be of some economic value. Many see them merely as a nuisance -
damaging TV antennas and foliage on Eucalypts (various spp of cockies),
attacking ripening fruit, which is a source of income to many locals,
and grazing their pastures (Wood Duck in particular).

If anyone would like a calling card such as Ian suggests, but hasn't the
wherewithal to make their own, I'd be happy to produce a master sheet of
12 for them, (no charge)  which they can photocopy onto light card and
cut up with a stanley knife or guillotine.

Please email me directly with your wording and snail mail address (for
the master copy). If you'd like a special illustration we can come to
some arrangement re emailing jpegs or whatever.
(If zillions of people take up this offer I might have to ask for
postage costs or some reciprocal favour such as a free plug for our
business, but we'll cross that bridge when, and if, we come to it!)
Cheers
Anne

--
Atriplex Services (Pronounced A-tree-plex)
Environmental Consultants, Landscaping Contractors,

quotes)