birding-aus

birding-aus Around our house

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: birding-aus Around our house
From: "Brown" <>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 18:41:10 +1000
Hi everybody

We have only been on-line for a couple of weeks but it's great so far.

Talk about migrants - things are happening on the Mornington Peninsula.

The Coastal Tea-tree is out in flower, (Leptospermum lavigatum for those of
you who are interested in plants) and the Spiny-cheeked Honeyeaters are
everywhere! They have the best call.  A few have been around for a month or
so but today they were out in force. Chasing each other and the stray Red
Wattlebird all over the place.

Silvereyes have also been flying in all hours of the morning.  Its not
Darwin Sewerage Treatment Plant but its great to watch and listen to down
here after a long silent winter.

By the way, we are going to be a Byron Bay in late October.  Is there
someone out there who can give us the low down on where and what birds to
see in and around Byron.

Malcolm and Judy Brown

quotes)