birding-aus

birding-aus Peregrine Falcon

Subject: birding-aus Peregrine Falcon
From: Allan Benson <>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 19:00:40 -0700
I was shopping at my local shopping centre at Wyoming(5 km north of
Gosford on the Central coast of NSW) on Saturday 5th September , when I
heard an alarm call of an Indian Myna. Looking up I saw two birds
entangled about 10 metres above the ground. I assumed they were two
Indian Myna squabbling as often seen on the ground, but was most
suprised  when they parted and one was revealed as a Peregrine Falcon.
The Falcon flew off harassed by a magpie and I didn't noticed where the
badly shaken Myna finished up. Unfortunately I didn't see the method of
attacked but it good to see the Paregrine has Indian Mynas on their
menu.

Allan
--
Allan Benson
8 Sherston Close Niagara Park NSW Australia