birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:31:47 +0100

To: bird oz <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:31:47 +0100
From: Teet Sirotkin <>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:09:17 +0200
> KEITH BRANDWOOD wrote:

> Hawk silhouettes are often recommended but not always very effective.

In Europe I find sparrow hawk  silhouette very efficient. It's because it's a
common and sole predatory bird in gardens. I guess you don't have the
equivalent and thats why a silhouette of say brown goshawk doesn't work as good
down under. Perhaps a silhouette of an owl
or cat (or a caracal :-) ?

--
Teet Sirotkin
Box 34 196