birding-aus

birding-aus Mangrove destruction for Connector Road update

Subject: birding-aus Mangrove destruction for Connector Road update
From: Thyer <>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:22:29 +1000
Hi all,
        Thanks to all who have supported our appeal to have the high level
connector road proposals axed. Last night Chanel 7 News did a segment on
the sighting of the Little Kingfisher in Barnes Creek and outlined some
of the concernes held for it's habitat if the proposal goes ahead.
        Two months ago the Minister for Transport put the whole project on
"hold" citing "environmental concerns" so we need to keep up the
pressure to protect this habitat.To register your concern please contact

Mackay City Council:
Sir Albert Abbot Administrative Building
Gordon St. Mackay 4740
Australia
Fax (07)4951 4489)

Minister for Transport and Main Roads:
The Hon Steve Bredhauer MLA
PO Box 1549
Brisbane Qld 4000
Fax (07) 3224 4242
E-mail:

Minister for Enviroment and Heritage:
The Hon Rod Welford MLA
P.O. Box 456
Brisbane Qld 4002
Fax no. (07) 3210 6214
E-mail: Environment&

Below is a copy of Maureen Cooper's letter outlining the situation
Thank you for your support.
Les Thyer

quotes)