birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Lunch Time Observations

To: Muir Environmental <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Lunch Time Observations
From: Laurence and Leanne Knight <>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 20:12:27 +1000
Muir Environmental wrote:

> Hi Laurie
>
> Am catching up on my email backlog and came across your interesting message
> below.  It was a pleasure to read, and made me go all patriotic as Perth
> is, and always has been, my home - despite interstate and overseas travels.
>
> I particularly went all patriotic when you called my home "waterfowl
> > capital of Australia".  Its nice to hear such good words said about your
> home town.
>
> "Perth has more lakes than you can poke a stick at, and the Uni I worked
> > at [in Mt Lawley] had a neighbouring park, complete with lake and
> > vegetated island"
> Is this Edith Cowan Uni?

Well I can't guarantee that there isn't a spot in Oz with a higher
degree of diversity in ducks, teal, swans, grebes and cormorants etc
within a 20 km radius, but I would go out in a limb to assert that there
is probably not another metro region in Oz with such a diversity.

One thing I would say is that Perth certainly has the nicest, most
melodious cockatoos ...

Regards, Laurie.

quotes)