birding-aus

birding-aus Photographing birds

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: birding-aus Photographing birds
From: Tom Putt <>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 20:36:36 +1000
Dear readers,

I am a professional photographer looking to photograph the following birds over the next six months, especially now the breeding season for many of them is upon us (and them!!).

I do not necessarily want to photograph the birds at the nest, but preferably the sites should be guranteed (or pretty much!) spots to find these birds.  Preferably the sites will be close to Melbourne, ie. within two hours drive of the CBD, however any good spots will be considered.

Please reply directly to my e-mail address at:

I would also be interested in hearing from any other bird photographers to discuss ideas about photography.

The list:
-    All three grebes.
-    All egrets.
-    Pink-eared Duck
-    Blue-billed Duck
-    Musk Duck (displaying)
-    Sooty Oystercatcher
-    Red-kneed Dotterel
-    Black-fronted Plover
-    Inland Dotterel
-    Banded Stilt
-    Whiskered Tern (especially regular breeding sites)
-    Mulga Parrot
-    Blue-winged Parrot
-    Turquise Parrot - are the stumps in the paddocks this side of Chiltern still a good breeding spot??
-    Spotted Nightjar
-    Hooded Robin
-    Striated Grasswren

Cheers,