birding-aus

birding-aus Thanks - Magpie Attacks

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Thanks - Magpie Attacks
From: "Irene Denton" <>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 21:38:45 +1000
Thanks to all those people who provided suggestions regarding how a bike rider might avoid being attacked by magpies.  The most constructive seems to be having a flag attached to the back of the bike, with the flag being above head level.  It will be tested soon and I'll report on the results.

The web site www.act.gov.au/environ/magpies.html had an article which I thought was good at educating people, and it's noted in the round of emails that someone accessed this and showed it around a school where it was well received.  Good stuff.

Happy Birding to you all
(I know it makes me happy)
Irene Denton
Sydney   NSW