birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Bird Aggression or Jealousy ?

To: "John Gamblin" <>, "birding Aus" <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Bird Aggression or Jealousy ?
From: Goodfellow <>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 99 20:32:10 +0930
Nice to hear from you John.  As a member of a semi-traditional Aboriginal
clan I'm supposed to look after birds anyway.  And my husband has Pied
Heron Dreaming.  Mind you I'm not too impressed with those of his
relatives who live in the sewage pond and supplement their diet by diving
into the raw sewage channel and feeding off the drowned cockroaches.

The blessing of native animals in the Anglican Cathedral went off a treat
last Sunday.

Unfortuantely my prize exhibit, a huge Huntsman was lost the day before.
I'd lent it to the Dean for a publicity shot but obviously fazed by the
crocodile he was holding under his other arm, it ran up his sleeve.  In
the ensuing panic it dropped to the ground and ran away.  The journalist
from the local paper was of no help at all; for some reason she wanted to
conduct her interview from halfway down the park.

Lost for an animal to bring I was reduced to hunting desperately around
the garden for a Wolf Spider.  Unfortunately I could only find tiny ones.
Is it possible our resident scrubfowl is eating them?

Incidentally, nice trip to Darwin sewage ponds today with the gerygones
behaving nicely and a Flock Pigeon.
Denise Goodfellow

quotes)