birding-aus

birding-aus RFI Kanganroo Is (reply)

Subject: birding-aus RFI Kanganroo Is (reply)
From: "Keith Betton" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 09:46:33 +0100
David

I hope this gets to you in time.  I spent Easter 1998 on the island.
The weather was apalling, but I obtained great views of Glossy
Black Cockatoo in the area called Lathami Conservation Park.

The most amazing sight was Western Whipbird drinking from a
puddle on a road immediately after a downpour (yes, I stopped the
car and watched).  I could not believe it!

Keith Betton
(London, UK)

quotes)