birding-aus

birding-aus RFI: Victor Harbour, Kangaroo Island and Ngarkat

Subject: birding-aus RFI: Victor Harbour, Kangaroo Island and Ngarkat
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 16:26:43 +1100
Hi everyone,
I will be staying in Victor Harbour for a few nights in early June and then on
to Kangaroo island for a couple of nights.  On the
drive back to Melbourne I was contemplating making a short detour to Ngarkat
near the SA/Vic border.  I would be very interested to
hear of any good spots at any or these three areas.  High on my list of birds
to look out for would be Rock Parrot, Glossy Black
Cockatoo or Western Whipbird in Kangaroo Island/Victor Harbour and Mallee
Emuwren or Striated Grasswren in Ngarkat.  Any other
information also gratefully received.
Best Wishes
John Boyce

quotes)