birding-aus

birding-aus RFI Eastern Victoria, etc.

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: birding-aus RFI Eastern Victoria, etc.
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:03:35 +1000
This message is actually from James Hall, not the abovementioned wife.

I am planning to travel by car from SEQld to Phillip Island, Vic, in early
June, and would appreciate any helpful advice from those in the know about
good places to bird between, say, Bateman's Bay, NSW and Phillip Island. I
am wondering if, instead of taking the main highway via Eden, it could be
interesting to travel west from Bega and south via Bombala, through
Delegate to Orbost. My route from Sale to Phillip Island is open to
suggestion.

After I meet up with Jill at Phillip Island, we will spend a few days
enjoying Victoria. Any suggestions (private email please) for worthwhile
wineries would also be welcomed. Whilst our tastes are eclectic, we favour
the big, full, velvety, voluptuous reds of the cold country.

Thanks in advance,

James Hall

quotes)