birding-aus

birding-aus Red-tailed Black Cockies update

To: <>
Subject: birding-aus Red-tailed Black Cockies update
From: "Bill Jolly" <>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 08:11:16 +1000
I mentioned that I heard Red-tailed Black Cockatoos the other day while I
was on the telephone; possibly the ultimate frustration (now there's a
thread!).

Just to tell you that I caught up with them later in the day (Tuesday), a
party of four Red-tails, and that they are still here on Saturday.

They're around for most of every day at present, and what a wonder it is
that no matter how many times you've seen and heard them, the sound of a
Black Cocky calling nearby never fails to give a leaping kick deep inside,
often leading to instant reprioritisation of the next half hour. As I am
writing now, they are calling just outside and it is only by great strength
of will, somehow figuratively lashing myself to the desk, that I am able to
resist their siren call and stay on task.

I did manage to get one or two photos of them yesterday against an
interesting sky.

The Abberton web site is 90% completed, and hopefully will be on-line within
the next week, trouble-shooting the last 10% is if anything more
time-consuming than setting up the previous 90.

In the interim, if anyone would enjoy seeing the photos, please just drop me
an email, and I'll be pleased to send out a few images by return.

Bill Jolly
"Abberton", Helidon, Qld

ph  07 46976111
fax 07 46976056