birding-aus

birding-aus Re: Cockatoos and (ir)responsible polititians

To: Ian Temby <>
Subject: birding-aus Re: Cockatoos and (ir)responsible polititians
From: HARRIS & WESTRUP John & Jude <>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 11:22:39 +1000
> Dear John
> I enclose contact details for Minister Marie Tehan, who made the
> decision to permit poisoning of Long-billed Corellas, Sulphur-crested
> Cockatoos and Galahs, with few restrictions, and the Premier, Jeffrey
> Kennett.  It appears that Minister Tehan does not have an email
> address, and the Premier is contactable via email, but only by going
> to his web page and clicking on the email button.  His email address
> is not revealed.
>
> The Hon Marie Tehan
> Minister for Conservation and Land Management
> Level 17, 8 Nicholson Street
> East Melbourne  Vic  3002
>
> Phone 61 3 9637 8989
> Fax   61 3 9637 8999
>
> Jeffrey Kennett, Premier
> www.premier.vic.gov.au
>
> I imagine that the more responses the polititians receive, the better.

Dear All

I was appalled to hear about the new legislation in Victoria via
"Calamanthus", Birds Aust. and an unnamed source.

Here are the address details for Marie Tehan and Jeff Kennett.  A letter
or Email from a large number of us might have an effect.

So get those typing fingers working!!

Regards

John Harris

quotes)