birding-aus

birding-aus Common Myna thanks

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: birding-aus Common Myna thanks
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 12:45:01 +1000
Re: Sunshine Coast, Qld

To those of you who responded to my RFI re Mynas in Darwin (more accurately
lack thereof), I thank you.

It confirmed what I believed, that our informant is confusing species.
Trouble is, he gave me over the phone a very good description of the real
Common Myna. It will require ground truthing. Unfortunately it's 100km
north of here, around Gympie. Is there anyone out there who happens to
circulate in the Gympie area, and wouldn't mind checking out a location, if
I gave you the address? (Private replies only, please, not that I expect
anyone to be available.)

I am getting quite a bit of this confusion - in the public mind - with
other species.

Regards,

Jill Dening

Jill Dening