birding-aus

birding-aus Birding Victoria

To: "" <>
Subject: birding-aus Birding Victoria
From: "Harvey, David A." <>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 08:43:30 -0500
My wife and I are visiting Australia this OCT/NOV, coming from the eastern
USA, Maryland.  We will be birding in Queensland and a little in New South
Wales with a tour company but then were going to go south on our own.  We
thought about driving from Sydney to Melbourne and back but now believe our
best choice would be to fly to Melbourne and bird the area from one or two
bases.  We would have about five days there.  Any suggestions on what areas
or places would be best to stay at to optimize our coverage of the general
area.  Also, what would be the best birding areas in the area.  Thanks.

quotes)