birding-aus

birding-aus Yellow-tailed Brown-Cockatoo

Subject: birding-aus Yellow-tailed Brown-Cockatoo
From: "Carol Probets" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 20:39:51 PST
HOORAY! Birding-aus is back on line. I was starting to get withdrawal
symptoms.

Anyway, there was a recent query on birding-aus about light-coloured (or
was it yellow?) Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoos.

Yesterday morning a pale-coloured YTBC landed in a tree in front of my
house. It was a dusty brown colour overall (where normally black) and
the feathers on the back were a light beige. One secondary flight
feather was completely white or off-white. The yellow cheek and tail
patches were normal. It was an adult female, I think.

I seem to remember a similar bird was regularly seen a few years ago (in
the mid 90s) around the Blue Mountains ? maybe even the same bird.

Cheers,
Carol

Carol Probets
Katoomba NSW