birding-aus

birding-aus ducks and rice and pests

Subject: birding-aus ducks and rice and pests
From: "Cilla Kinross" <>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 16:48:38 +1000
birding-aus

I have recollections of a documentary (not recent) about Chinese (?) rice
farmers who keep ducks specifically to keep the number of pests down
in their crop. They took them for strolls through the fields every
day to clean up the pests (and presumably ate them at some point in
time).  I'll chase around and see if I can dig up some more
recent information on this.

Cilla Kinross (Orange NSW)

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)