birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Conservationist Duck Killers

To: Harry Clarke <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Conservationist Duck Killers
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:11:07 +1000
birding-aus

> At Hospital Swamps near Geelong last Friday, while looking at waders and
> ducks, I was told by a group of duck shooters (preparing for their Saturday
> shoot) to 'clear off' as I was on private property. As it was a spot I had

Part of the Hospital Swamp complex is indeed private property, managed by an
avid
shooter.  Many birders (me included) have accidentally trespassed there when
lured in from the public swamp (part of Lake Connewarre State Game Reserve) by
the hordes of birds there.  The owners do allow birders in to look - but you
need
to ask at the house or leave your name on the blackboard if they're out.  Duck
opening weekend would not be an optimum time to bird there ......

No comment on the shooting thing - just a clarification of who owns what at
Hospital Swamps.

Cheers, Lawrie

Lawrie Conole
Pascoe Vale South, Vic

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)