birding-aus

Re: birding-aus Snipe

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: birding-aus Snipe
From: "EDWIN VELLA" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:05:03 +1000
birding-aus

I also would like to note that once I flushed a Snipe at Central Colo (west
of
Sydney) which also flew in a direct manner rather than erratically and
"zig-zagging" like a typical snipe. It flew much slower than a normal snipe
but I lossed sight of it when It landed and could not see it again. It also
did not make a sound when flushed. It was the same colour and shape as any
Japanese Snipe. This was back in December 1992 and was flushes from
paperbarks growing in the middle of a swamp. Could it be a different Snipe
species?

Edwin