birding-aus

birding-aus Papuan Harrier

Subject: birding-aus Papuan Harrier
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:36:35 +1000
birding-aus

A member of the Cairns Branch of BOCA phoned me this morning to report a
male Papuan Harrier was seen by him and a couple of other friends at Adams
Rd, 3km in towards the Genazzano Centre on the Atherton Tableland.The bird
was on the ground and also flying low over a cattle paddock "just like
Harriers do" on Tuesday morning 2 March.
There are regular reports of male Papuan Harriers being seen on the
Atherton tableland and it always seems to be at this time of year - my
records show that for the past 3 years adult male birds have been reported
by various bird watchers (even though, I haven't managed to find it!).
Max O'Sullivan

Include "unsubscribe birding-aus" in the message body (without the quotes)