birding-aus

Re: various bird notes

To: <>
Subject: Re: various bird notes
From: "Robert Taylor" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:38:57 -0800
Hi Land of OZers!

You have great birds down there and
can't wait to come back.  Spent 70+
days there a couple of years ago and
am collecting info for a return trip.

I don't know how many foreign
subscribers you have to birding-aus
but for them it is really helpful to have
an accepted full name in messages
(at least it is for me).  I keep my records
under Monroe and Sibley but also use
James Clements.  Also, have a copy of
Howard and Moore which is extremely
interesting for dealing with subspecies.
We, also, have a tendency to throw in
four letter abbreviations and mistakes
or misunderstandings arise.

It is correct that the CODEs can be
interpreted but it takes time and I have
made mistakes.

Still need Regent Honeyeater and some
Grasswrens and Freckled Duck...and ...
and ... and......