birding-aus

Re: 1) deterring Wonga pigeons 2) large attachments

Subject: Re: 1) deterring Wonga pigeons 2) large attachments
From: Andrew Taylor <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 13:30:18 +1100 (EST)
On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, David Stewart wrote:
> 2) Large attachments. The recent Academic Tour posts appear not to have been
> directed through Birding Aus but rather thru a mailing list developed from a
> list of Birding Aus subscribers (ours came to our old email address, not
> this one). So there is not anything Russell can do to block them.  I am
> inclined to find an address for Mary White, whose work I greatly admire
> (thru her publisher?) and make sure she undersatnds the unprofessional
> conduct of the company she is associated with.

Correct, the recent message from Academic Tours (with 2 megabytes of
attachments!) was not via birding-aus.  The headers show it coming direct
from Oz-Email, not via Deakin.

The remedies suggested already are good.  Tell Academic Tours what you
think of their unethical business practices.  Also complain to their
ISP: Oz-Email.

Someone on this list must know Mary White personally.  Let her know her
name is being associated with net abuse.

Andrew Taylor