birding-aus

Re: Life of Birds

To: "ozbird" <>, "Julian Bielewicz" <>
Subject: Re: Life of Birds
From: "Susan Myers" <>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:15:06 +1100
> Are you sure?  Looked okay to me BUT then I've never seen ANY hornbills.
> have only my fieldguides.  I do note however that there appears to have
been
> no mention of this in the UK version of birding-aus.

Oh well, you'd better hit the books (and the field) & note the shape of the
cask, the yellow neck of Great but not Pied and the fact that Pied does not
have any wing bars! - which if I recall was the whole point of the
segment....

A knowledgeable lot
> those Pom birders, many of who picked up the Lord Howe Island shot of
"New
> Caledonia".  I know a number of Aussie birders who DID NOT pick up this
error.
Not like us dumb Aussies;-)
BTW did I say I thought it was anything less than a top show?!

> Too easy to be negative.
I wasn't being negative just pointing out an error! Should we just pretend
it didn't happen?

Susan Myers
phone: +61 3 9819 2539
Email:Susan Myers