birding-aus

Re: Birding at Barrington Tops

Subject: Re: Birding at Barrington Tops
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:23:08 +1000
I would like to throw my weight behind Jill's endorsement of Barrington
House.  THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT.  In 1997 the Hunter Bird Observers
Club Twitchathon team the mighty, though recently down but far from out,
"Hunter Thickheads" decided to change their route somewhat.  This entailed
staying at Barrington House on the Saturday night.  Not only did they
provide free accommodation they very warmly welcomed us when we arrived in
the wee hours of the morning (they were tidying up after a social event),
provided breakfast at an equally ungodly hour the next morning and
presented us with a packed lunch.  This was luxury, particularly when
compared to our fare of previous years.

The Hunter Bird Observers have regular outings to this area and make
available their bird lists to the operators of the Guest House.  Jill's
experience is not an isolated one.  It's a marvellous place but the Emu in
the rainforest does take a bit of getting used to.

David Geering