birding-aus

Tawny Frogmouth question

To: <>
Subject: Tawny Frogmouth question
From: "Karen Pearson" <>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 15:55:41 +1100
I hope you will bear with my uncontrollable excitement during this email.
I'm relatively new to birding and just partook of my first land based,
on-my-own birding outing since finishing a wonderful beginners birding
course a couple of months ago.

Anyway, I saw 3 Tawny Frogmouths this afternoon at Braeside Park.  Now this
may not sound all that exciting... but at this stage any bird I can
positively i.d. causes much internal jubilation - to add to this joy, was
the fact that I REALLY wanted to see a Frogmouth and was carefully keeping
an eye out for them on the chance that they may be about.

What can I say... three on the one branch looking  straight at me !!!  Once
they stopped looking like sticks of course.    What mesmerising eyes they
have.  It was like I'd won the lottery..... 3 times over.

My question is... I was a little miffed I hadn't taken my big lump of a
camera with me.  What would the chances of them being on the same tree, or
near abouts, tomorrow??   No doubt curiosity and the desire to have my very
own photo of these beautiful birds will win out and I will go again anyhow.
It made my week !

Thanks for your time reading this, I JUST had to tell somebody  :)

Rgds
Karen
Hampton, Vic.