birding-aus

Re: HANZAB 4 pre pub offer

Subject: Re: HANZAB 4 pre pub offer
From: "" <>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 09:41:29 +1000

Ronald Orenstein wrote:

> And at that price, who can afford to be with it?  I'm not criticizing - the
> book is surely worth it, but are there any plans for a paperback or CD-ROM
> edition, or an eventual 2-volume boildown such as the one done for Cramp
> and Simmons?

I agree. This is a landmark publication but I must confess that The
Handbook of the Birds of the World is the one I am buying and HANZAB
is the one I am ordering for our library (where I can readily consult
it when necessary). A summary version accessible to the eager birding
masses would be great.

Andrew M. Fisher

Environmental Studies Unit
Charles Sturt University - Mitchell
Panorama Avenue, Bathurst NSW 2795 AUSTRALIA
E-mail:
Phone: 02 6338 4151
Fax:   02 6338 4078