birding-aus

Re: Tawny Frogmouths nesting

Subject: Re: Tawny Frogmouths nesting
From: "jon wren" <>
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 19:43:35 PST
G'day from Bowen,
I've recorded details of a number of TF nests in the Bowen region and on
numerous visits I have observed both birds at the nest or close by to
its mate on the nest. We currently have a pair nesting at the corner of
Reynolds St and Brisbane St, it is well exposed and situated in an
African Tulip Tree approx 2m from the ground. As you drive by the birds
sit out like a sore thumb well exposed to all of the elements.
Hopefully they will survive the nesting period without any interference.
Another nest at Delta currently in use has been in existence for the
last four years, birds returning to the tree  each year, much to the
pleasure of Brian and June Phillips who keep notes on the activity of
the birds.
Jon Wren