birding-aus

Re: Spring arrivals

To: Jill Dening <>
Subject: Re: Spring arrivals
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1998 19:25:31 +1000
G'day Jill and Birding-ozzers,

Heard Brush Cuckoo at our place this morning, saw Dollarbird Tuesday (8th
Sept) at Kallangur,
Horsfield, Little and Shining Bronze-cuckoos all calling locally at the
weekend, Leaden Flycatcher and Black-faced Monarch, Sacred and Forest
Kingfisher around Lake Samsonvale. Still no Channel-bill, Rufous Fantail or
Cicadabird as yet though. Lots of waders (inc 2 summer plumage Double-banded
Plover and many Black-tailed Godwits) at Manly on Sunday afternoon......no
Wood Sandpiper at Carbrook, though.

Tom Tarrant
Dayboro, Qld