birding-aus

Koel calling

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Koel calling
From: Jill Dening <>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 1998 07:02:13 +1000
I knew spring had really sprung in our part of the world when, at 5.25am
today, as I was sleepily dressing for a game of golf, the unmistakable call
of the Koel rang out across the garden, drowning out all the other
twitterings of the morning. Suddenly I was no longer sleepy.

I'm curious to know on what date and at what place others are
hearing/seeing their first Koel of the season, as well as the
Channel-billed Cuckoo and the Dollarbird.

Jill Dening
Sunshine Coast