birding-aus

Pheasant Coucal etc.

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Pheasant Coucal etc.
From: Ros Laundon <>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:44:02 +1000
Hello All,
A Pheasant Coucal in breeding plumage appeared in a low tree in my back
yard on Saturday morning (22nd Aug) flopping around incompetently.  A
Noisy Miner
flew at it and it flew to ground in thick vegetation about 20 meters
away.  It was still there the following morning (same one I presume)
giving a series of  pigeon-like 'woop' calls.   If things go true to
form it will
make its way to the local creek and begin calling with long cadences.  A
Fan-tailed Cuckoo has been calling from two streets away (near the
creek) since the morning of the 18th.  On the 8th of August 2 Maned Wood
Ducks checked out our big gum for 15 minutes and repeated the exercise a
few days later.  Spring can't be far away.

Does anyone know of a list in the UK similar to Birding-aus?

Ros Laundon,
Indooroopilly,
Brisbane.