birding-aus

Re: Atlassing - in hope ...

To: Lawrie Conole <>
Subject: Re: Atlassing - in hope ...
From: Julian Bielewicz <>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 07:45:29 +1000
Lawrie:

At 21:22 23/08/98 +1000, you wrote:

>I'm still collecting data for the atlas, despite having heard nothing to
>indicate that any launch is imminent.

Me too!!!!!!!!  There appears to be a "testicular ascendancy" in the
official launch of the new Atlas.

>Today I spent a few hours wandering around west of Kinglake in Victoria,
>at 37 25' 44"S 145 14' 58"E,

Which reminds me, I appear to have lost your previous posting in which you
pointed out the absurdity of the reading I got from my Magellan 2000XL GPS
toy.  I seem to recall that you mentioned changing some setting or other -
DM to DMS?  Pretty please could you repeat that piece of advice and throw in
a hint as to where I go to change the setting.

>All these plus more go into my BirdInfo database,

Is this Simon Bennett's?  Of Melbourne?

> How's the atlassing coming along elsewhere?

Fay and I have the Redcliffe Peninsula "quartered" in preperation.  I've
also included a productive site just outside the political boundaries BUT
work on the theory that birds do not recognise that to cross north of South
Coman Road is to leave the Peninsula and enter Caboolture Shire.

Julian
Julian Bielewicz
Past President
Queensland Ornithological Society