birding-aus

Atlassing - in hope ...

Subject: Atlassing - in hope ...
From: Lawrie Conole <>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:22:20 +1000
I'm still collecting data for the atlas, despite having heard nothing to
indicate that any launch is imminent.

Today I spent a few hours wandering around west of Kinglake in Victoria,
at 37 25' 44"S 145 14' 58"E, about the westernmost edge of the range of
a number of wet forest birds: Superb Lyrebird, Large-billed Scrubwren,
Lewin's Honeyeater, Pilotbird, and SW edge of Red-browed Treecreeper
range (NW edge is near Daylesford).  Several of these range-limit
species were on display today (lyrebird, scrubwren, honeyeater,
treecreeper).  Excellent views of the Red-browed Treecreeper foraging in
bright Spring-like sunshine.  No Pilotbirds today.

All these plus more go into my BirdInfo database, awaiting the time when
the atlas actually gets started properly!  How's the atlassing coming
along elsewhere?

Lawrie Conole
Fitzroy North, Victoria.