birding-aus

Gold Coast Swift Parrots

To: "" <>
Subject: Gold Coast Swift Parrots
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:48:39 +1000
G'day All,
Just a quick note to thank the birding-ozzers who responded to my RFI on
the Queensland Swift Parrots at the weekend.
Today (Wednesday 12th August) probably in excess of 50 birds were seen
between house number 26 to 35 at TARRANT Drive, Mudgeereba feeding on
flowering Queensland Blue Gums or Forest Red Gums (Eucalyptus
tereticornis) Although both Scaly-breasted and Rainbow Lorikeets were
present the Swift Parrots outnumbered them at this location. I will try
and put some images on our rarities webpage as soon as I can find some
spare time.
Tom and Marie Tarrant
Dayboro, Qld
http://ats.com.au/~aviceda/