birding-aus

Re: (No) Swifts and (no) regents.

Subject: Re: (No) Swifts and (no) regents.
From: "David Geering"<>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 08:17:33 +1000
John

I too was in the dark as to the whereabouts of the mysterious Track 27 in
Castlereagh State Forest, and one would hope that more detailed information
would have filtered back to the Coordinator of the Regent Honeyeater
Recovery Effort at some stage.  I found the birds by wandering around the
forest, with Jane Miller who was also none the wiser at that stage, until
we heard the birds calling and tracked them down.

The names of the roads escape me but the birds were best found by coming
off the road on the eastern side of the Nature Reserve, ie. the one off the
Blacktown - Richmond Road.  Near the south-east corner of the reserve is a
poultry farm.  Access is along the track on the north side of this
establishment.  The birds were just north-west of the track junction where
the main track turns left to follow the fence.  Mind you this was back in
May !

Can anyone provide a full update on when the Regents were last seen and how
many?  I have a report that four Regents were seen west of where the Swift
Parrots were residing at Londonerry.  Can anyone provide further details?

David Geering
Regent Honeyeater Recovery Coordinator