birding-aus

RFI - Townsville and environs

Subject: RFI - Townsville and environs
From: (Dr Richard Nowotny)
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 00:39:35 -1000
I will have Friday (31/7) morning and most of Monday (3/8) free in
Townsville (with a car).  I know the area reasonably well, having visited on
several previous occasions.  Can anyone help me with any of the following?

1.      Is there anything of special interest around at the moment (up to
say 100kms around)?
2.      Is there anyone who would like to share some birdwatching with me on
Monday?  (I realise it is a working day and that this makes it rather unlikely.)
3.      Does anyone have any suggestions regarding Bush-hen in the area??
4.      Similarly, does anyone have any good sites for either Grass Owl or
Masked Owl??

I would be very grateful for any suggestions or assistance.

Richard

From:  Dr Richard Nowotny
             Melbourne, Australia
             Tel. (w) 61-3-9214.1420