birding-aus

Unwanted files

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Unwanted files
From: "R.E. Viljoen" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:22:44 +1000
I am a novice at this game.  Can anyone tell me you tell me how to delete
files from a computer. I delete all my messages from my MS Internet Mail
Application (part of Win 95) using the delete button of the toolbar, but
using Explorer, I find that in C:\ I have a folder (directory) Program
Files which when expanded into its all its sub-directories has a folder
called Mail, that contains all the messages I have received & deleted in
four files,  two of which now occupy over 8Mb!  The two biggest files are
called Deleted Items.mbx & Inbox.mbx.  I did not create these files.  I
suspect my ISP created the folders, however I have no idea how the files
are created.   I tried moving the file called Deleted Items.mbx to the
Recycle Bin & then tried to delete a message in MS Internet Mail, but was
told the file had been corrected &  I could not delete.  Re-installing the
file corrected the situation, but I still have these huge files.  I feel
sure other subscribers to birding-aus must have had this problem, so though
my query is not about birds, it may interest other subscribers.

Ray Viljoen