birding-aus

More fun at Maroubra

Subject: More fun at Maroubra
From: Peregrine <>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 22:35:06 -0400 (EDT)
In addition to the Black-browed and Yellow-nosed albatrosses, thousands
of Fluttering Shearwaters, the occasional Skua, the fairy prions, the
Peregrine Falcons, and the abundant gannets (not to mention all the gulls
and terns) there was a reef egret on the rocks at the south end
of Maroubra Beach on Friday.
I also saw, very distantly, some all dark shearwater-type birds which we
larger than the Flutterings, but have no idea what they would be.
Providence petrels?

Also went to Capertee on the 5th. no regent honeyeaters but there is
flower starting to come out in the Gardens of Stone national park, so
perhaps they will be turning up there soon.
Highlights of my day there were several groups of babblers, and some
white-backed swallows, and of course all the finches. No plum-headeds though.
Lowlight was my cracked windshield from the cars that speedily drive down
the road there.

good birding,

Katie Bertsche

katie bertsche.......if you're too busy to go birding, you're too busy.

http://www.bowdoin.edu/~kbertsch