birding-aus

IBB

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: IBB
From: "Andrew Patrick" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 06:56:06 +1000
The IBB is the Interpretive Birding Bulletin. I didn't intend my message to
be sent to everyone, sorry. My 'Reply to Author' button sent the question to
birding-aus instead of James Davis. Please Jim give me your direct email
address.

And for those who don't know what the IBB is, here is Jim's explanation:

"  The IB Bulletin is published 6 times/year and costs $30.00 (individual
issues cost $5.00 each).  The objectives of the IB Bulletin are:
1) Promote behaviour-watching by bird enthusiasts, from all walks of life,
for sole purpose of increasing personal enjoyment beyond twitching.  This
includes formulating one's own intrepretation of what you see in the
field.
2) To help interpretive birders understand what they are observing in the
field, articles on bird behaviour are published the IB Bulletin.  These
articles are written at a fairly high level (well researched, packed with
ideas and concepts) but in a style that is easy to read and understand by
non-professions.  Also, included are Behavioural snapshots and profiles of
Australian birds that not only describe what is known about a species but
challenges the reader to watch for specific behaviours and make up their
own mind what is going on. For the interested reader, source
material for each article is included. "

Andrew Patrick
Intense Software

(02) 8338 8888