birding-aus

RFI Central Victoria

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: RFI Central Victoria
From: "Terry Gould" <>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 20:34:34 +0930
HI everyone

Can anyone please help me out with some info on Central Victoria.  Our home turf is Adelaide, and  we are greatly looking forward to our first birding trip into Victoria in late June.  We will be staying several nights at each of Geelong, Healesville, Chiltern and Bendigo.  Specifically looking for info on local specialties,  particularly Orange Bellied Parrot, Swift Parrot, Turquoise Parrot, Regent H/E, Powerful Owl, and dare I ask, Helmeted H/E.  We are experienced birdos and always enjoy being out in the bush, whether we only see the regulars, or are lucky enough to get a lifer.

If anyone on the list has local knowledge of birding spots etc.,  I'd appreciate some ideas.  We have a 4WD so difficult access spots will be considered.  If you know the area I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance, and I promise a very BRIEF trip report with an appropriate subject header!

Cheers

Terry Gould
reply direct to