birding-aus

RFI - Sydney sites.

To: <>
Subject: RFI - Sydney sites.
From: "Patricia Todd" <>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 22:10:11 +0800
As a new subscriber to birding-aus this is my first attempt at information gathering. I will be in Sydney (from Perth) late next week and would appreciate some local help/knowledge with the following:

  • Any recent sightings of Plum-headed Finch in the Capertee Valley area? I will be spending at least one night there - my second visit to the area. (I read that Chris Gladwin saw 8 at Glen Alice on the 18th April.)
  • Known/possible whereabouts of Swift Parrot either within a day trip from Sydney or en route Capertee. I have been given fairly recent sightings at Bolero Ave, Greystanes and Moorbank Ave, Holsworthy - are they still possibilities?
  • Is it too much to hope that the day roost for Powerful Owl mentioned in Thomas & Thomas is still being used? If not, does anyone know of a current roost for them?
Here's hoping!!

Patricia Todd.

Patricia Todd
Phone: 08 9384 2897