birding-aus

[RFI]: Binoculars

To: <>
Subject: [RFI]: Binoculars
From: "Vicki Parslow-Stafford" <>
Date: Sat, 2 May 1998 21:45:45 +1000
My old faithful Hanimex 7X35's were stolen a while back.  I'd got used to
their size and weight, and now find that the (borrowed) pair I use are
heavy, dull and cumbersome.  I hope to equip myself very shortly with at
least one new pair.

I wear glasses for short sight, but was accustomed to using my binocs with
my glasses pushed back;  I don't seem to be able to get used to leaving my
glasses on when viewing through binocs.   I liked the brightness of my old
pair, but I find that using a very old borrowed pair (with greater
magnification) is uncomfortable.  It's been suggested that I get 2 new
pairs -- a small, pocket sized folding pair, and a better set with zoom.

I would appreciate any suggestions re.  make and model, size, price etc.  I
do appreciate the parameters, but I'd like to hear suggestions re a good,
all round, not too heavy utility set of binocs, as well as opinions on the
folding compact variety.  Please reply to me privately so as not to clutter
the list.  Many thanks

Vicki PS
Vicki Parslow Stafford  | "Oh, many a Cup of this
Ipswich, Qld, Australia | forbidden Wine must drown
Email    | the memory of that
Ph/fax +61 7 3281 5010  | insolence!"