birding-aus

Re RFI around Australia

Subject: Re RFI around Australia
From: (chris dahlberg)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:57:43 +1000 (EST)
Hi All,
        I love a sunburnt country as well John. To leave Cape York out of an
Australian trip and access to the birdwatching facilities here would be like
making an omlette without eggs. With an overall list approaching 500 species
in two COMPACT areas with many endemics, SE Asian species found nowhere else
in Australia and some of the rarer birds I would advise leaving other places
out to save on the driving if the time frame doesn't fit, not, the other way
round.
       On another note Lotus Bird Lodge must be over the moon to have Ian
and Pauline Clayton join them on the staff and we wish them well.

Cheers
Chris and Denise